– Storz connection shall be constructed of forged aluminum which is first extruded to ensure the highest possible quality, aesthetics, and strength. Castings, plastic, or extruded only aluminum shall be considered non-conforming in regard to this specification.
– Storz locking device shall be constructed of stainless steel and bolted onto the storz head with a stainless steel countersunk bolt. Thread locking compound shall be applied to assist in retaining bolt. Locking devices constructed of plastic or cast aluminum sh all be considered non-conforming in regard to this specification.
– Storz locking device shall incorporate a return of spring steel, (17 -7-SS), 0.040 gauge wire with a triple wound design and be suitable for a ten year service life to match that of the hose. Spring torque shall be 1.2 to 1.3 lbs.
– The outermost perimeter of the storz connection shall be milled with a groove 9/16 t h of an inch and 1/32 n d of an inch deep in order to accommodate and protect a reflective strip of tape around the entire circumference of the connection to aide vi sibility in low light conditions.
– Gasket groove shall be fitted with a pressure style gasket of solid design. Suction gaskets and those with a “V style” or “hollow seat” shall be considered non-conforming in regard to this specification.
– Storz connection and bindings shall be available with either a hardcoat mil spec, (MIL-A-8625 Type III Class 1), or black hard coat, (MIL-A-8625 Type III Class 2), finish or powder coated with color options. Burnished, shot-pined, or otherwise treated finish shall be considered non-conforming in regard to this specification.Binding system shall be of a three part design and bolts shall screw into the receiving binding. The use of nuts shall be considered non-conforming in regard to this specification.
– Storz connection shall be capable of passing a pressure test of 1000 PSI.
– The force required to couple and un-couple storz connections shall not require less than 6 ft/lbs. of torque, and not more than 30 ft/lbs. of torque against metal-face standard.
– Storz couplings shall meet or exceed NFPA 1963 standard for hose couplings.