Open-area Smoke Imaging Detection (OSID) by Xtralis is a new innovation in projected beam smoke detection technology. By using advanced dual wavelength projected beams and optical imaging technology for early warning smoke detection, OSID provides a low-cost, reliable and easy-to-install solution that overcomes typical` beam detection issues such as false alarm incidents and alignment difficulties. OSID systems may be configured to protect a range of spaces, regardless of shape. The protection zone or “fire web” is determined by the placement of OSID detectors. Multi-emitter solutions provide a true 3D arrangement.
OSID innovatively combines two technologies to reliably detect smoke in large, open spaces by using two wavelengths of light to detect particles, the system in able to distinguish between particle sizes. The shorter UV wavelength interacts strongly with both small and large particles, while the longer IR wavelength is affected predominantly by larger particles. Dual-wavelength path loss measurement therefore enable the detector to provide repeatable smoke obscuration values, while rejecting the presense of dust particles or solid intruding objects.
OSID’s uncompromising performance is based on the patented use of digital imaging, dual-frequency beams and smart algorithms delivering:
– Patented dual wavelength, UV & IR, particle detection
– CMOS Imager with wide viewing angles
– Simple installation, commissioning and maintenance
– High tolerance to vibration and structural movement
– High tolerance to dust, fogging, steam, relections and object intrusion
– High resistance to reflected sunlight
– On-board log memory
– Software tool for diagnostic purposes
– Aesthetically discreet and 3D coverage
– Long range up to 150m (492 ft.) with minimal free space
OSID Demo Kit consists of 2 X OSE-SP-01, 1 X OSI-90, 1 X OSID-INST and Mounting Plates, fitted in a rugged carry case.