For use with water or foam, the WOM-3 (formerly WOM-1) is a master stream device for fixed locations. The sweep is preset at installation to cover the hazard area but is also field adjustable.
Power to oscillate the monitor up to 200° horizontally comes from the water flowing through the device, eliminating the need for wiring, or hydraulic controls. Elevation is preset by means of a non-slip lock.
Water fog, straight bore or air-aspirating nozzles may be used with this 1,000 gpm (3785 Lpm) capacity device.
– The elevation lock is easily set to any angle without tools.
– Controls are externally accessible. (These include the test connection, selector valve, speed control valve, and in-line filter.)
– Quick winterization is easy – no readjustment of end stops, breaking of plumbing, or use of glycol pumps.
– The simple manual override is obvious in function thus reducing training requirements.
– The automatic valve circuit is simple, using only one four-way valve.
– An alternate filter package (Part No. 77814) is available for applications where there is a problem with suspended particles in the water.
– Reliable chain drive is fully accessible by an easily removable cover.
– An optional 304 stainless steel waterway is available.
– Working parts are made of, or plated with, corrosion-resistant materials.