Targeted toward and practically required for wildland firefighters in both fighting fires and controlled burn situations. This Kestrel 3000 model was a principle factor that changed firefighting equipment standards from the previous standard, the belt weather kit. It cut the weight of dated weather packs, confusion, and time, to this minimalist approach that was revolutionary in firefighting, where users lives literally depend on the accurate weather data their Kestrel 3000 provides.
NK was the first to provide accurate relative humidity measurements from a hand-held weather meter, and the Kestrel 3000 features two patents on its humidity measuring sensors.
From the Kestrel 3000’s accurate relative humidity readings, it also calculates the dewpoint and heat stress index —important information to know when working or playing outdoors in hot and humid conditions.
A common accessory for fire departments is the field calibration kit.
The Kestrel 3000 has traditionally been the choice for firefighters.
– Current Wind Speed
– Maximum Wind Gust
– Average Wind Speed
– Air, Water & Snow Temperature
– Wind Chill
– Relative Humidity
– Heat Stress Index
– Protective cover with sure-grip overmolding
– Data hold function
– Large easy-to-read display with backlight
– Waterproof and floats
– Humidity sensor can be recalibrated in the field with our Relative Humidity Calibration Kit.
– User-replaceable impeller
– External temperature sensor
– Patented Quick-Response RH Sensor