Jerry Can DETO-STOP® works in three ways:
1. The high thermal capacity alloy acts as a heat sink
2. The mesh design separates the flame into smaller burners
3. The mesh acts as a physical barrier to the travelling flame front.
Revolutionary Operational Features and Advantages of the DETO-STOP® Explosion Prevention System™:
– Prevents the detonation of flammable liquids and gases in containers
– Limits and delays spread of fire
– Has no life limit. This means reliable permanent safety and protection
– Only displaces approximately 1% to 3% of the total volume of the can
– Has no effect on the flow rate of fuel
– Reduces evaporation of fuel by 60% at 100°F (37.8°C)
– Is indifferent to non-polar chemical compounds
– Does not affect the physio-chemical properties of the fuel or the container
– Is lightweight, therefore does not increase the weight of a metal jerry can by a significant amount.
– All fuel cans in the Pro Quip range are Certified to Australian Standard AS2906:2001 and the 20L Metal Jerry cans have also passed stringent Defence Force testing.