The 4B-I Isolator Base serves as both a base for an 814 Series MX detector and a protection device against loop short circuits, monitoring the voltage on the MX addressable loop. When a short circuit is detected, the 4B-I isolates the affected section whilst allowing the rest of the addressable loop to function normally. If a detector fitted to the 4B-I exhibits a short circuit, the 4B-I will isolate both sides of the loop from the faulty device without affecting any other device on the loop. An amber LED indicator on the rim of the base illuminates whenever the short circuit isolator is activated. The 4B-I can accommodate one of the MX detectors, or serve as a base for an 814RB.
– Operating Voltage 20 to 40Vdc
– Quiescent Current 80µA (max.)
– Tripped Current 3.5mA (max.)
– IB Units betwn 4B-I bases 100 (max.)*
– Indoor Applications Only
– Ambient Temperature -25°C to +70°C
– Relative Humidity 10% to 95% (n/cond)
– ActivFire Listed with MX detectors
– FPANZ Listed VF/650
* Maximum number of devices between 4BI bases is limited to 40 for AS 1670.1-2004 systems.